SCL Social Media Administrator
Founded in 1983, the Society of Composers and Lyricists ("The SCL”) is a 501 (c) (6), nonprofit mutual benefit corporation. Its main purpose is to disseminate information concerning the creative, technical and business aspects of composing music and lyrics for film/television and other visual media. The organization encourages a sense of community and the sharing of experience and knowledge among its membership and filmmakers. The SCL promotes the value of music and lyrics to the entertainment and media industry.
The SCL Social Media Administrator must:
- Be articulate and possess accurate written and verbal skills.
- Be familiar with the functionality and application of current computer and internet-based applications/programs.
- Possess strong organizational skills.
- Have the ability to think analytically and to swiftly and adeptly problem-solve.
- Possess passion for the film/television/video game music industry and field.
- Be a person of integrity with a productive and positive attitude. Be mission-driven and a self-starter.
The SCL is looking for a talented Social Media Administrator to facilitate everyday operations on our social media accounts while maintaining knowledge and expertise in the creative world of music composition, film, television, songwriting, and/or music production. The Social Media Admin will be responsible for creating original text, managing posts, and responding to followers. They will maintain our company image in a cohesive way to achieve our marketing goals. As a Social Media Administrator, we expect you to be up-to-date with the latest digital technologies, social marketing software, and social media trends. You should have excellent communication skills and be able to express our company’s views creatively. Ultimately, the Social Media Administrator should be able to handle our social media presence ensuring high levels of web traffic and customer engagement.
- Perform research on current benchmark trends and audience preferences
- Design and implement social media strategy to align with business goals
- Schedule and post content to all accounts after approval by the board’s Social Media Chair
- Generate, edit, publish and share engaging content (e.g. original text, photos, videos and news)
- Monitor SEO and web traffic metrics
- Collaborate with others, like talent PR, the SCL President, the SCL COO, Technology Director, Media Administrator, etc. to ensure brand consistency
- Communicate with followers, respond to queries in a timely manner and monitor commentary
- Oversee social media accounts’ design (e.g. Facebook timeline cover, profile images, IG aesthetic etc.)
- Stay up-to-date with current technologies and trends in social media, design tools and applications and make recommendations to the board’s Social Media Chair
- Previous work experience as a Social Media Administrator
- Comfortable with popular Social Media Platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, LinkedIn, etc.
- Hands-on experience in content management
- Excellent copywriting skills
- Ability to design and deliver creative content (text, image, and video)
- Solid knowledge of SEO, keyword research and Google Analytics
- Knowledge of online marketing channels
- Excellent communication skills
- Analytical and multitasking skills
- Innovation and creativity encouraged
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Music, or relevant field preferred but not necessary
- Graphic design efficiency encouraged but not required
This is a part-time paid position. Interested applicants should send a bio, resume, and any relevant work samples or portfolio to email@example.com.