- This event has passed.
The Tragedy of Macbeth
November 30, 2021 @ 7:00 pm – 10:00 pm PST
SCL Screening + LIVE Q&A: THE TRAGEDY OF MACBETH w/Carter Burwell
MODERATED BY ASHLEY IRWIN (SCL President)
Tuesday, November 30, 7:00PM PT
Please be mindful of the SCL’s Code of Conduct.
A Scottish lord becomes convinced by a trio of witches that he will become the next King of Scotland, and his ambitious wife supports him in his plans of seizing power.
R | 105mins
Carter Burwell has composed the music for a long list of film, TV, and theatre productions, including Blood Simple, Raising Arizona, Miller’s Crossing, Barton Fink, The Hudsucker Proxy, Rob Roy, Fargo, The Spanish Prisoner, Gods and Monsters, Velvet Goldmine, Three Kings, Being John Malkovich, O Brother, Where Art Thou? (BAFTA Nominee for Film Music), Before Night Falls, A Knight’s Tale, The Rookie, Adaptation, No Country for Old Men, In Bruges, Burn After Reading, Twilight, Where the Wild Things Are (Golden Globe Nominee for Best Original Score), A Serious Man, The Blind Side, The Kids Are All Right, True Grit, Twilight: Breaking Dawn – Part 1 & 2, Legend, Anomalisa, Hail, Caesar!, The Founder, Wonderstruck, The Ballad of Buster Scruggs, Missing Link, The Good Liar, The Morning Show, Space Force, Anomalisa, Velvet Goldmine, Mildred Pierce, Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri (for which he received an Oscar and Golden Globe Award nomination), and Carol (his first Oscar nomination for Best Original Score). He most recently wrote the music for The Tragedy of Macbeth adapted and directed by Joel Coen and starring Denzel Washington and Frances McDormand.
Burwell has taught and lectured at The Sundance Institute, New York University, Columbia University, and Harvard University.
He was honored as an SCL Ambassador in December 2012, in New York.
*** IMPORTANT – PLEASE READ ***
– Check-in begins 6:30PM.
– If you RSVP but are unable to attend, please cancel your reservation by 10:00AM, Tuesday, November 30.
– Free for current SCL members (click here to check your membership status) plus one guest who will stay for both the screening and Q&A.
– Guests of SCL members may NOT attend without the member invitee, or if the member RSVPs, but cannot attend and cancels.
– Please allow extra time for traffic and check-in.
– This invitation is non-transferable.
– In the event of a waitlist, please be sure to sign up twice if you intend on bringing a guest (limit 1 guest per member).
– Please follow the SCL Member Code of Conduct
– Please be prepared to show proof of vaccination at the screening. Masks will be enforced throughout the screening and Q&A.