The SCL provides a variety of informative and useful materials for writers and lyricists:
- Developed by Steve Winogradsky for entry level composers and small production companies, these short forms are user-friendly, plain-speak agreements that address the crucial deal points in longer agreements and can be readily used as a basis for a final agreement between parties.
INTERNS TECHS & HELPERS
- A helpful and current listing of SCL members willing and able to serve as an intern, tech, or helper. Occasionally, people and companies seeking help are also listed.
- Submitted by SCL website users, the links provided in this section are all industry-related.
PERFORMING RIGHTS AND WRONGS
- In this two-part series, Garry Schyman explains performing rights and what you need to know as the composer or songwriter.
- The SCL presents well-known composers' words of advice (in QuickTime format) on working in the film, TV, and game music industries.
THE JOINT WORK STATEMENT
- Read the Society of Composers & Lyricists' formal position on the subject of Joint Works.
THE SPECIAL PAYMENTS FUND
- Dispel the myths and learn the facts about "The Special Payments Fund" and how it affects musicians, composers and film producers.
- Filing music cue sheets is an important step when writing music for film or TV. The PROs (Performance Rights Organizations) offer some valuable information on how to do this.
- A list of documents with technology advice, instructions, and recommendations.