- This event has passed.
November 1 @ 1:00 pm – 4:00 pm PDT
Co-Songwriter & Performer (“It Never Went Away”)
MODERATED BY STEVE POND
Early in 2022, multi-instrumentalist Jon Batiste found himself the most celebrated artist of the year with eleven Grammy nominations including Album of the Year. In the midst of that triumph, Jon is immersed in his most ambitious challenge yet: composing “American Symphony”, an original symphony that thrillingly reimagines the classical traditions of the form, bringing together an expansive and inclusive diaspora of music for a performance at the stories Carnegie Hall. This extraordinary trajectory is upended, however, when Batiste’s life partner – best-selling author Suleika Jaouad – learns that her long-dormant cancer has returned. In the moving and deeply intimate American Symphony, Academy Award-nominated and Emmy Award-winning director Matthew Heineman delivers a portrait of two inimitable artists at a crossroads and a profound meditation on art, love, and the creative process. PG-13 | 103mins
*** SCREENING + Q&A INFORMATION ***
- Check-in begins 12:30PM.
- If you RSVP but are unable to attend, please cancel your reservation by 10:00AM Wednesday, November 1.
- Free for current SCL members (click here to check your membership status) plus one guest who will stay for both the screening and Q&A. Please remember to RSVP for two (2) if you plan on bringing a guest.
- Guests of SCL members may NOT attend without the member invitee, or if the member RSVPs, but cannot attend and cancels.
- Please allow extra time for traffic and check-in.
- This invitation is non-transferable.
- Seating is first come, first serve. Late arrivals may not be allowed into the theater.
- Per California state health guidelines, masks are recommended to be worn indoors at all times.