2022-2023 SCL LA Mentor Program Application Opens
The application has opened for the 2022-2023 SCL Los Angeles Mentor Program.
Both composers and songwriters are invited to apply. Applicants will be asked to designate whether they consider themselves primarily a composer or a songwriter. During the program, there will be a handful of sessions devoted specifically to each discipline (i.e. composing / songwriting), however, the applicant’s initial designation will in no way limit their ability to attend any session.
To be eligible, the applicant must be a current SCL Associate Member. An applicant will be ruled ineligible if credits qualify them for a higher level of SCL membership. It is preferred that selected applicants reside in the Los Angeles or Nashville area, and be available to attend Zoom-based virtual sessions during business hours as well as some in-person sessions, should conditions permit. Most sessions are in the afternoon, subject to times that mentors are available. Finalists will be interviewed regarding their availability to attend all sessions.
Eight (8) mentees will be selected for this term, however, this number may vary at the SCL’s discretion.
Applications for the 2022 Los Angeles program must be SUBMITTED ONLINE HERE by 11:59PM Monday, September 12, 2022 and include the following:
- For Composers: MP3’s of original film score music, or links to websites, SoundCloud, ReelCrafter, or Dropbox links to original film score material totaling no more than 5 minutes of music. PDFs of scores are encouraged if available.
- For Songwriters: MP3’s of original songs (demos are fine), or links to websites, SoundCloud, ReelCrafter, or Dropbox links to song material totaling no more than 5 minutes of music. Songs may be edited to a single verse & chorus for brevity. PDFs of lead sheets and/or lyric sheets with chords are encouraged if available.
- A statement no longer than one page indicating what the applicant hopes to gain from the mentor experience, as well as the applicant’s goals as a music creator for audiovisual media.
- A one-page résumé/CV with education credentials and credits, including all current and previous internships and workshops.
- Optional: Vimeo or YouTube link to a demo reel or any other visual elements that support your submission.
Applications missing any of the required materials will be disqualified.
For any questions, please use the Contact page and direct your questions to the Mentor Program.