SCL President Ashley Irwin to Testify at US House of Representatives Judiciary Subcommittee Hearing
[via House Judiciary Committee]
The House Judiciary Subcommittee on Courts, Intellectual Property, and the Internet will hold a hearing on Wednesday, May 17, 2023, at 10:00 a.m. ET. The hearing, “Artificial Intelligence and Intellectual Property: Part I — Interoperability of AI and Copyright Law,” will examine the intersection of generative artificial intelligence (AI) technology and copyright law. Among the topics that will be addressed are the use of copyright-protected works in the training of generative AI models, copyright protection of works that were produced with the assistance of generative AI, and the economic impact of generative AI on creators and creative industries.
- Sy Damle, Partner, Latham & Watkins LLP; former General Counsel of the U.S. Copyright Office
- Chris Callison-Burch, Associate Professor of Computer and Information Science, University of Pennsylvania; Visiting Research Scientist, Allen Institute for Artificial Intelligence
- Ashley Irwin, President, Society of Composers and Lyricists; Emmy Award-winning music director, conductor, composer, arranger, and producer
- Dan Navarro, Grammy-nominated songwriter, singer, recording artist, and voice actor
- Jeffrey Sedlik, President & CEO, PLUS Coalition; Member, Joint Committee on Ethics in AI; professional photographer
To see more and to watch the hearing live, go to https://judiciary.house.gov/committee-activity/hearings/artificial-intelligence-and-intellectual-property-part-i.